- This event has passed.
Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian City: Stroke Awareness Week from 28th October to 3rd November 2018
28 October, 2018 - 3 November, 2018
Stroke Specialty Program in Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian city conducting stroke awareness week from 28th October to 3rd November which will include the following events:
1- Celebration for world Stroke day in the Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian City -Sprot Gym from 09:00 am to 12:00 pm in the main sport gym; we will invite media and outside/inside audience (students, instructors from the universities, patients and families).
We will invite association; like: Saudi Occupational Therapy Association, Saudi PT association, Stroke Advisory council, Saudi Stroke Society, Alzahaimer association, MOH & MOSA representatives to share the city experience in stroke rehabilitation and to seek further collaboration.
2-Conducting awareness by our team in one of the acute hospitals in Riyadh ( we suggest: King Saud Medical City) on 29th October 2018.
The visit expected to meet the following goals:
- Patient education thru providing presentation about the importance of admitting stroke survivors to Stroke Specialty Program to ensure receiving the best care.
- Staff education thru oral presentation and booth exhibition about the stroke program services which include but not limited to; OT, PT, SLP, VR, Nursing , TR, etc.
- Meeting with the health care providers to discuss future collaboration and sharing experience.
3- We will conduct three days stroke rehabilitation course including two workshops which already scheduled and arranged with the education department (the course approved for 22 CME) , it will be from 30th October to 1st November 2018.
4-Conduct community awareness about stroke prevention and stroke rehabilitation in Granada malls in Riyadh.
The activity will be for three days and will include the following booth/activity:
- Registration and introducing the activity to the participants.
- Vital signs by nursing team.
- Diabetic education by diabetic educator (since Diabetes is one of the leading factors to stroke).
- Medical consultation about Diabetes, Hypertension and other disease which might cause stroke by the Doctor.
- What is stroke, it’s complications and what you should do when some body have stroke “(F.A.S.T) by one rehab staff.
- Try the feeling of patient with stroke including visual, hearing, physical impairment by rehab staff.
- Introducing the services of the stroke specialty program and brochure distribution.
- Providing therapeutic recreation for the children’s during their parent participation at the event by rehab staff.
We welcome your participation
Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian City
Nonmember World Stroke Organization
Mr Osama Abdelqader
Saudi Arabia- Riyadh- Banban- Qaseem Road
Riyadh Center 00966 Saudi Arabia
Work Phone: 00966556626416
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org